Monday 23 April 2012

Cats - (Not so) Secretly Evil

Now, don't get me wrong. I love cats, especially my cat - an adorable blob of fur, fluff and cuddliness. But I'm pretty sure that she is evil. Really evil.

She doesn't move much (she is a bit of a lazy cat...) so you think you are safe, that she isn't going to do anything. That sense of security is a lie. She is just sitting there plotting her next attack. My cat's preferred offense is 'less is more'. She will just sit there. That might not seem like too much, aside from the trip hazard, but the main problem is where she sits. On the paper you're trying to read, the homework you are trying to do or the seat you are about to sit on, even if it requires her leaping over sofas or ducking under your makeshift (ineffective) cat-block. And if that still doesn't get your attention, she will walk on your laptop or sit on your lap just as you were about to move. To make matters worse, as well as being a lazy cat, she is also rather pudgy so she will take up all the space. Every last micrometre. Not helpful.

Once she is in position, she will start the attack properly. Her claws might seem quite small but they are really, really sharp! Teachers do not appreciate you giving them in ripped homework, my mother doesn't appreciate having to fix threads caught by her paws and I don't appreciate having a few more ventilation holes put in me.

But despite all this, my family still loves our cat. I'm pretty sure it's not just her either. Anyway, we just keep a suspicious eye on her, especially when she looks like she is about to sit down...

No comments:

Post a Comment