Thursday 29 March 2012

A lucky find

Unusual things can appear in unusual places. And whilst you might expect some pretty bizarre things in a school's lost property - how can someone lose a singular school shoe?! - I found something rather unexpected whilst clearing it out one day. No, not a body. Or buried treasure. I found a horseshoe. Which is a bit odd considering that our school is in the middle of a town with no farms or horses nearby (that I know of at least).

As well as being a lucky find in these sense of the good charm properties attributed to horseshoes, it was also lucky as I survived the ordeal of fishing out of the bottom of lost property. I know it might not seem dangerous, but when your lost property is a wheelie bin as high as your chest and you have to lean right in and risk entrapment... Anyway, I ended up keeping that horseshoe. It was my 'reward' for sorting out the lost property because the teacher had not the faintest idea who would have a horseshoe or more importantly, why. Admittedly, we could find an owner for the lost fork in there either but no one was willing to accept that present. So, any readers out there, what is the weirdest thing you've ever found? And did you ever find the owner?

No comments:

Post a Comment