Wednesday 22 February 2012

When you've just gotta sing!

You know those moments. You're just innoncently minding your own business and then an odd word or two drift across from another conversation. 'What you need is a revolution.' And without even thinking, your brain fits in the most appropiate sentence it can think of: 'You say you want a revolution, well you know...' and before you can jam those synapses, the singing reflex pasts through to your mouth and you're singing Beatles at full volume. (Please say that this isn't just me?! That would ruin all the times I've tried to reassure myself of normality...)

Silence does not do well around me. I am always either talking or singing. This is very bad for anyone who comes into contact with me often as side effects of this are insanity and deafness. Insanity from my constant ramblings (as demonstrated in these very posts) and deafness from my very loud, very out of tune singing. This is even worse for those who (illogically) dislike my taste in music! Even the songs I can't hear the lyrics to, like I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys, don't escape my voice. I mumble odd syllables that could possibly fit the lyrics and could possibly be actual words or imitate musical instruments (my guitar noise is pretty good) and then redouble my singing efforts on the chorus. At that point, basically all animals within 100m suffer severe hearing damage.

In my defense, I do not think it is my fault. I cannot control myself when catchy music comes on. It is a devious plot by the music companies - to create songs that force everyone to sing along (as well as their nefarious mind control plot involving torturing people with music that can't be fully remembered or forgotton). Seriously, when I hear Valerie by The Zutons, it is near impossible to restrain myself from bursting out into song, which makes for some really awkward situations. To add insult to injury, once you start singing, short of losing your voice or listening to an instrumental song, it is really hard to quit!
So yeah, thanks a lot, music industry :P What other cunning plans have they got?!

No comments:

Post a Comment